Hickok 539C Transconductance / Mutual Conductance Laboratory Grade Tube Tester / Analyzer, in Excellent Condition
- $60.00 (Fixed Shipping Cost)
This Hickok 539C Transconductance / Mutual Conductance Laboratory Grade Tube Tester / Analyzer, is in Excellent Condition.
There is some wear on the fabrick on the case from normal use but not bad. The tester panel shows no wear and looks as if it was not used much.
There are two original plate cap leads included but not shown in the pictures.
I used a Test subject (6BA6 and 5V4GA) to test this unit and it appeares to working as it should with no problems.
I will include a nice copy of the manual.
It is being sold as is as described for the family of a silent key.
This tube tester is Hickok's top of the line and was one of the best portable tube testers ever produced by any company. This tester was dubbed as Hickok's Engineer's models and is identical to the type 539B except for the addition of compactron and nuvistor sockets on it's front panel thus eliminating the need for an external adaptor to test these types of tubes.
- Measures true transconductance directly read from the front panel meter.
- Two plate voltages available to more closely duplicate voltages found in tube handbooks.
- Seperate meter on front panel to monitor grid bias voltage thus assuring proper grid bias settings and more accurate transconductance readings. This meter also doubles as an ammeter for making tests on V-R tubes.
- Seperate meter on front panel for monitoring line voltage making it easy to keep the line voltage properly adjusted for more accurate tests. This is especially handy when you plug in a tube that draws a large amount of filament current which drops the line voltage considerably.
- Shorts (leakage) can be tested either using the conventional neon shorts light or using a sensitive ohmmeter reading via the main front panel meter.
- Front panel connection for adding external meters for monitoring plate current and heater current.
- Front panel connection for connecting a cathode resistor for self-biased tubes.
- Tests 4pin, 5pin, 6pin, 7pin, octal, locktol, 7pin minature, 9pin minature, nuvistor, Novar, 12 pin compactron, 10pin decal.
- Setup information for the more common tube is on the built in roll chart.